IES Predoctoral Research Assistant Positions
An invaluable experience for recent college graduates interested in research careers.
Predoctoral Research Assistant Positions with Princeton IES provide recent college graduates with the opportunity to learn about careers in academic research. Successful candidates will gain experience working with some of the world’s leading researchers in international economics.
Predoctoral Research Assistants are expected to assemble and manage data sets, to program and simulate non-linear models, and to assist faculty members in all aspects of their research.
Predoctoral Research Assistant positions are one-year term positions with the possibility of renewal for a second year, contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance. End date is dependent on start date, which may vary.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in economics, mathematics or computer science, or significant coursework in economics, mathematics, statistics, and/or programming.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of statistics/econometrics.
- Knowledge of statistical programming, particularly STATA.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Mathematica, or other programming packages such as Python, R, and Fortran that are used for economic modeling.
How to Apply
All Predoctoral Research Positions for 2021-2022 have been filled. Please revisit this page in October 2021 for information about positions for 2022-2023.
Other Fellowships & Opportunities
The Peter B. Kenen Fellowship
The IES Postdoctoral Fellowship is available to researchers who have recently completed their Ph.D. degree or will do so before arriving in Princeton.Kenen Fellowship
Princeton IES Postdoctoral Fellowships
IES Postdoctoral Fellows spend a year at Princeton after completing their Ph.D. but before beginning a full-time position at another university or research institution.Princeton IES Postdoctoral Fellowships